Several ferry schedules were canceled on Monday due to high winds in Greek seas recording gale force winds of up to 8 on the Beaufort scale in the Aegean Sea and 9 in the Ionian Sea, ANA reports.
On Monday, only closed-top ferries served the islands of the Saronic Gulf. Two evening schedules have been canceled: âBlue Star Naxosâ towards Paros, Naxos, Donoussa, Egiali and Astypalea (5.30 pm) and âBlue Star 2â towards Syros, Patmos, Leros, Kos and Rhodes (6.00 pm). Also canceled were âBlue Star Mykonosâ with final destination Karlovasi / Vathy on Samos (4:00 pm) and âAdamantios Koraisâ for Kythnos and final destination Thera / Santorini (2:55 pm).
Tuesday morning, two ferry crossings are also canceled: “Blue Star Delos” for Paros, Naxos, Ios and Thera (07:25) and “Blue Star Paros” for Syros, Tinos and Mykonos (07:30).
Additionally, ferries on the following lines were canceled on Monday:
– From Rafina to the Cyclades, except ferries to Marmari
– From Lavrion to the islands of Kea and Kithnos
– From Aghia Marina / Nea Stira to Kavala and Prinos on the island of Thassos
– Ferries between Alexandroupolis and the island of Samothrace
– Ferries from Igoumenitsa to Lefkimi (closed-top ferries have however sailed to Corfu)
Only closed-top ferries sailed between Keramoti and Limenas on Thassos.
RELATED TOPICS: Greece, Greek tourism news, Tourism in Greece, The greek islands, Hotels in Greece, Travel to greece, Greek destinations, greek travel market, Greek tourism statistics, Greek Tourism Report
Photo source: pixabay.com