The coronavirus pandemic forced many businesses to close their doors and turn away customers and employees, but as many of those businesses and restaurants begin to reopen, they are looking for employees to fill available positions as they keep up with increased demand for their goods and services.
EMPLOYERS NOW HIRINGÂ
- 7-ELEVENâ Nationally the store chain is planning on adding an additional 20,000 workers to keep up with demand. Jobs include delivery people for the new 7NOW delivery app.
- ACE HARDWAREâ The hardware chain and itâs independent retailers plan to hire more than 30,000 people across the U.S. Full-time, part-time and seasonal positions are available.
- ALL AMERICAN FACILITY MAINTENANCE â Seeking account manager, general handyman, customer service reps, accounts payable reps, administrative assistant. For more information, call (954) 800-4098 Ext: 145
- AMAZONâNationally hiring 100,00 new roles in fulfillment centers and in its delivery network. The company is also increasing hourly pay for United States workers by $2/hour.
- AMERISAVE MORTGAGE CORPORATION â Seeking 250-300 new members in the greater Miami area. They are looking for loan officers, mortgage underwriters, loan processors, mortgage specialists, technology roles and customer care positions among others.
- AUTONATION âÂ Â Americaâs largest and most recognized automotive retailer Is hiring right now for all positions â sales, service and support staff at just about every location. Apply today at jobs.autonation.com
- SFM SERVICES: Seeking to fill landscaping, janitorial and security guard positions in Broward and Miami-Dade.
Broward positions: Email [email protected] or call (954) 330-6497
Miami-Dade positions: Email [email protected] or call (786) 369-6510
- BEST CROWD MANAGEMENT: Seeking to fill 1,000 new guest relations and event security positions at loanDepot Park and Hard Rock Stadium. Opportunities include customer service, access control, policy enforcement, ticket scanning, ushering services, metal detection and bag checks, among other critical security and crowd management functions. Primary responsibilities include staffing events for the upcoming sports seasons, including NFL Miami Dolphins games, MLB Miami Marlins games, and the Miami Open and Formula 1. Click here for more.
- BYTEDANCE: TikTokâs parent company is hiring more than 10,000 people.
- THE CASINO AT DANIA BEACH â Hiring for numerous full-time job positions including Promotions Supervisor, Security Agents, Line Cooks, Poker Floor Supervisor, Porter/Barback, Slot Technician, IT Technician, Cocktail Waitress/Beverage Server, Poker Dealer, Marketing Coordinator, Count Team Member / Drop Team Member, Promotions Coordinator. Click here for more information
- CAO BAKERY & CAFE âSeeking hard workers who are interested in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Positions include managers, front of house staff, cooks and cake decorators. A formal resume is not required.Â Locations include Hallandale, South Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Kendall, Pinecrest, Bird Road, Coral Way, Flagler, North Miami Beach, Hollywood, Sunset.
- CHICK-FIL-A â Hiring hiring for all positions all across South Florida. Apply at chick-fil-a.com/careers
- CHILIâS GRILL & BAR â Seeking to hire 10,000 employees at restaurants across the nation to fill part-time and full-time job openings including both front-of-house and heart-of house positions such as servers, hosts, To-Go specialists, cooks and more. Click here to apply and find out more information.
- CITY OF MIAMI OPPORTUNITY CENTER is working with employers who are hiring. Jobs include licensed electricians, security gurds, warehouse workers, fork lift operators, stockers, delivery drivers, correctional and probation officers and much more. Click here for more information.Â You can send your resume and include position you are applying for to: [email protected]
- C&S WHOLESALE GROCERSÂ â is hiring overnight warehouse selectors, transportation safety specialist, forklift operator, experienced overnight freezer case selector and experienced overnight case selector.
- CHEWY: Hiring people to help meet increased demand.
- CITY FURNITURE: Seeking sales associates for all locations.
- COVANTA: A company that provides sustainable waste and energy solutions is seeking to fill positions for its operations roles in their Miami and Palm Beach based locations.
- CULMIN STAFFING â The company is looking to fill 100 positions immediately in the area of Miami Lakes and Miami Gardens. The positions are in production, packing, shipping, receiving, and order processing. Two shifts available.
Positions are full time and incentives offered. For more information and to schedule an appointment, send email to [email protected]
- CVSâ plans to immediately fill 50,000 jobs across the U.S. company needs more store associates, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees, and customer service professionals.
- CURALEAF â The medical cannabis company operating 28 dispensaries across the state, is looking to fill several positions in the South Florida â Cutler Bay, Homestead, Miami and Tamarac.
- DELIVERY DUDES: Food delivery service in Broward County looking to hire 200 new contract drivers. Requirements for applicants include a valid driverâs license, proof of auto insurance and a smart phone. You must also be 18 years or older. To apply, go to deliverydudes.com.
- DOLLAR GENERALâ Providing opportunities around the country to support store, distribution center, private fleet and corporate functions. Company provides competitive wages, training and development programs, benefits including health insurance coverage options, 401K opportunities.
Click here to apply online
- DOLLAR TREEâ Hiring cashiers, stockers, warehouse associates, part-time and full-time management nationwide
- DOMINOâSâ Hiring across the country.
- DORIS ITALIAN MARKET AND BAKERY â In addition to cashiers, delivery drivers and cooks, open positions are available in the produce, meat and bakery departments.
- DR. PATTYâS DENTAL BOUTIQUE AND SPA â Dr. Pattyâs Dental Boutique and Spa is looking to fill positions for all specialties in Dentistry including dental assistants, associate dentists, office managers and treatment coordinators.
- DXC TECHNOLOGYÂ â Hiring for a research position. Must have an annuities background and must receive a Series 6 securities license within six months.
- DYNASERV â A landscape and maintenance company is seeking to hiring landscapers/drivers, irrigation techs, tree trimmers, landscape/fertilization techs and landscape maintenance account managers. Click here to apply.
- FAMILY DOLLARâ With the company suspending online orders due to COVID-19 the chain is in need of employees to work in retail locations.
- FEDEX: Hiring 35,000 peopleÂ for essential roles.
- FLANIGANâS: Flaniganâs is currently looking to fill various positions in all South Florida locations including Back of House positions, Front of House positions and ID Checker/Maintenance/Audio-Visual Techs. Click here to apply online.
- GAP INC.: Hiring seasonal associates to help support fulfillment centers, customer contact centers, and Old Navy, Athleta, Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix and Janie and Jack stores.
Hiring process is virtual. Applicants can apply online for any role.
- GLOBAL MIAMI JOINT VENTURE: Located inside Miami International Airport, is hiring for various restaurant positions within La Carreta and other table service restaurants. Office is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal D. Please apply on line at www.globalmia.com or come in on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- GOODWILL SOUTH FLORIDA: Seeking to add 125 people to its Paid Training Program that leads to full-time and part-time positions for people with disabilities and other work barriers. Anyone interested in receiving more information should call 305-326-4226, or click here.
- FLORIDA BLUE:Â (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) â Hiring hundreds of seasonal Licensed Health Insurance Sales Agents. These inbound sales roles are full-time and 100%; plus, product training and equipment will be provided. Compensation is an hourly wage plus bonuses tied to sales.
- FORT LAUDERDALE WATER TAXI â Trade in your typical office cubicle for the beautiful waterways of Fort Lauderdale. The Water Taxi, the iconic Fort Lauderdale attraction, is now hiring for more than two dozen positions. To learn more, visit https://watertaxi.com/careers/ and fill out an application or call 954-467-6677 for more information.
- UNITED HOMECARE: Hiring Home Health Aides. HHAâs provide personal care services and more to older adults in the comfort of their home. Call Ana T. Leon Zamora, Director of Human Resources at 305-328-0895. Apply for employment in Person at 8400 NW 33rd Street, Suite 400, Miami, FL 33122. Apply for employment online at: https://www.unitedhomecare.com/en/about/careers-landing.aspxÂ
- HENDERSON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH â Is hiring positions in South Florida including Broward, Palm Beach, Treasure Coast, and Okeechobee. Opportunities include psychiatrists, CSU Medical Director, RNs, LPNs, clinicians/therapists, case managers, behavioral health techs, administrative support, and other healthcare positions! Apply today by submitting your resume toÂ [email protected]
- HOME DEPOT: Seeking to fill more than 680 retail positions at stores throughout Miami and Fort Lauderdale. The home improvement retailer has both full-time and part-time positions in customer service, filling online orders, unpacking overnight freight and merchandising.
Candidates can apply online or by texting JOBS to 52270.
- IBEW Local 340Â â All levels of electricians. Visit the link and fill out an interest form and you will be contacted with details about how to proceed.
- INKTEL CONTACT CENTER SOLUTIONS: Seeking to fill variety of roles in four South Florida locations including Customer Service Representatives, Supervisors, Operations Managers and Recruiting Managers.
- INSTACARTâ This gig-economy company is hiring 300,000 workers who shop at grocery stores for its customers then deliver the goods to their house.
- JAE Restaurant Group is hiring to fill positions at Wendyâs restaurants. Seeking qualified general managers, assistant general managers, and crew members.
- LA SANDWICHERIE WYNWOOD â This local French-inspired sandwich shop is located in the heart of Wynwood. They are seeking to hire sandwich makers, servers and juice bar tenders.
Email your resume to: [email protected],Â apply at the restaurant located at 169 NW 23rd Street, Wynwood, Fl. 33127 or call (786) 409-2390.
- LOWES: Hiring 30,000 employeesÂ to meet the demand created by the coronavirus.
- LINDSTROM AC/PLUMBING â Hiring for all positions including customer service reps, HVAC technicians, installers, plumbers, part runners and more.
- MACYâS: Hiring more than 2,000 full and part time employees at its stores, call centers and distribution and fulfillment centers throughout Florida. Candidates can apply online in advance of a national hiring event on Thursday, July 15 at macysjobs.com.Â Local store hiring events will take place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. while Macyâs Miami Fulfillment Centerâs hiring event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- MCDONALDâSÂ â Miami McDonaldâs restaurants are looking to hire approximately 580Â employees.
- MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PARKS â Accepting applications now through June 2 for summer positions. Seasonal jobs include pool/lake lifeguards and pool managers. Ages 18 and older are encouraged to apply online.
- MIAMI SEAQUARIUM â Park management wishes to hire additional seasonal Team Members as they will be expanding to daily operations beginning May 27. Positions are available in several departments, with the parksâ focus on Food & Beverage, Retail, Maintenance, Show Attendants, Janitorial and Reservations staff. Those interested can apply online.
- NORDSTROM: Hiring hundreds of employees in Florida including positions in Miami.
More than 50% of open positions are focused on supporting online order fulfillment and logistics efforts with the remains positions in sales, store operations, restaurants and additional support roles.Â Click here to see all available positions available by store locations and the company is hosting a hiring day on April 23 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at all Florida Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores.
- PAPA JOHNâSâ The pizza chain is planning to add an additional 20,000 new workers. With âmostâ applicants starting on the same day.
- PEPSICOâ The company said it will hire 6,000 full-time, full benefit workers across the U.S. in the coming months.
- PIZZA HUTâ Hiring for more than 30,000 jobs nationwide. Available jobs include drivers, cooks, shift leaders, restaurant managers and call center workers.
- POSTMATESâ With the increase in delivery service they are in need of âfleet membersâ to deliver groceries, takeout and more.
- SEMINOLE HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO HOLLYWOOD â Seeking to hire Hard Rock Live bartenders at on-site hiring event on Saturday, July 10, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Wednesday, July 14, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Candidates are asked to bring copies of their resume, a valid ID, social security card and, if required, a work authorization. They should also dress to impress. Prior to the event, candidates must complete a work application on www.gotoworkhappy.com.
- SPEEDWAY TRANSPORT OPERATIONS: Hiring 100 drivers to fill growth-related fuel delivery positions. Locations are primarily in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee. Click here for more information.
- SPRINKLER SPECIALISTS, LLCÂ â Now hiring Irrigation Technician Helper is responsible for helping the Irrigation Technician with conducting regular inspections of irrigation systems at various properties. Call (954) 255-8481 to apply.
- SUPPORT.COMâ Offering numerous remote work and work-from-home positions.
- TARGETâ 9,000 jobs are currently listed nationally.
- THE ORGINAL PANCAKE HOUSEÂ â Is seeking to hire hostesses, servers, bussers, cooks, dishwashers, and managers for locations in Delray, Boynton, Royal Palm, Palm Beach Gardens, Jensen, Doral, Aventura, Ft. Lauderdale, Coral Springs. Apply at ophfl.com.
- TRULY NOLEN PEST CONTROL is hiring for positions in South Florida and throughout the country.
Openings range from Call Center Customer Service Representatives in the companyâs headquarters in Tucson to sales support and service technicians at multiple service offices across South Florida.
- TTEC: Hiring people to fill 10,000 work-from-home roles.
- TROPIC SUPPLY is seeking to fill full-time positions including warehouse associates, counter sales professionals, outside sales representatives and local delivery drivers statewide and in South Florida.
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI/UHEALTH â Seeking Oncology/Chemotherapy Registered Nurses, OR Registered Nurses, ED Registered Nurses, Critical Care Registered Nurses, Critical Care Techs, Surgical Techs, Ophthalmic Techs, Environmental Service Techs, Cooks, Patient Transporters, Food Service Workers
- USPSÂ â The Post Office is hiring for the position of carrier, clerk, mail handler, truck driver, and custodian in West Sacramento.
- US Foundry & Mfg. Corp. â Is hiring fabricator/welders, general labors for the production area, machine operators, maintenance electricians, mechanics, and forklift operators.
- VA SUNSHINE HEALTHCARE NETWORK: Seeking registered nurses for positions located throughout Florida and South Georgia. Click here to learn more.
- VERIZON â Seeking to fill more than 1,000 new retail positions nationwide. Click here for more details.
- WALGREENâSâ The company has announced it will be adding 9,500 full- and part-time and temporary roles in stores across the U.S.
- WALMARTâ plans to hire 150,000 temporary workers to keep up with demand.
- WESS: Hiring 500 temporary customer service agents in Miami-Dade County area. Agents will be trained to support local authorities in crowd control and physical distancing efforts.
- YMCA â Hiring 150 for its summer camps. Positions include Camp Counselor, Camp Counselor â Special Needs, Camp Site Director, Camp Site Assistant Director, and Camp Site Supervisor.