The NOCO HBA Foundation donates gambling houses
The NOCO HBA Foundation, the charitable arm of the Northern Colorado Home Builders Association, donates two custom gambling houses to Realities for Children.
The foundation presented the play structures to Craig Secher, president and founder of Realities for Children on Wednesday, according to a statement.
Realities will place the gambling dens in two separate partner agencies for use by the children they serve.
Associates in Building Design and Savant Homes created the structures.
• Animal Friends Alliance received a grant of $ 4,800 from the Bissell Pet Foundation for sterilization and sterilization procedures at its dog shelter and cat shelter.
• Hach of Loveland won a federal contract for $ 170,917 from the US Navy, Washington Navy Yard, District of Columbia, for the maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant.
• Carol Plock of the Northern Larimer County Health District received the 2021 Manager of the Year award from the Special District Association of Colorado.
• Front Range Community College President Andy Dorsey has announced that he will retire at the end of June 2022 after a 29-year career with the FRCC and served as its president for 13 years.
• Jin Hirsch, local cosmetologist and entrepreneur, opened Amazing Lash Studio at 4356 S. College Ave. in Fort Collins. She plans to add up to 15 jobs to the local market.
• Woodward of Fort Collins was awarded a patent developed by five co-inventors for “control of self-ignition in a combustion engine”. The co-inventors are Samuel McCreery of Loveland, Gregory Hampson of Boulder, Jeffrey Carlson of Denver, Suraj Nair of Fort Collins and Domenico Chiera of Fort Collins.
• Covidien of Mansfield, Mass., Has been awarded a patent developed by two co-inventors for a “jaw drive arm for surgical instruments and surgical instruments incorporating them”. The co-inventors are Kenneth E. Netzel and Jason L. Craig, both of Loveland.
• Walmart will host a 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. career fair on October 5 at 7500 E. Crossroads Blvd, Loveland, to fill Diesel Maintenance Technician positions: Service Shop Entrance Technician, Preventive Maintenance Technician in service workshop, repair technician in service workshop and technician in service workshop III. Applicants can register at bit.ly/3EKGuAi. Learn more at drive4walmart.com and fixtrucks4walmart.com.
• Rick Griggs and Ruth Beauchamp will offer a Rolestorming discussion group on “How can we reduce suicide in veterinary medicine? With interested parties inside and outside the veterinary industry at 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Wednesday, October 13, at Café Vino, 1200 S. College Ave., Fort Collins. The session is free. RSVP to 970-690-7327.
• Loaf ‘n Jug will be offering free coffee on Fridays until October 29th. Customers can receive any size of coffee – hot or iced – for free on Fridays, with no purchase necessary.
Send us your business news
The Reporter-Herald strives to include business notes of interest to its readers every Sunday. Business Notes focus on Northern Colorado businesses, not business promotions.
The items we consider for briefs include:
• New businesses.
• Company removals.
• Business closures.
• New contracts.
• Birthdays (divisible by five).
• Mergers and Acquisitions.
• New owners, employees or employee promotions.
• Manufacture of new products.
• Corporate organization meetings, workshops, seminars or courses for networking or education.
• Open houses linked to current events (new business, anniversary, new owners, renovations, new management, etc.).
• Prize or other recognition.
• Donations to charities.
Press releases are welcome. The Reporter-Herald reserves the right to modify information submitted for publication. Photos of those involved in the event are welcome, but publication is not guaranteed.
The information is due Wednesday noon for publication in the business section of the following Sunday.