All Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 10 for staff and public safety, and to allow staff to focus on the emergency response to Tropical Storm Nicole.
The closure includes all libraries, parks, reserves and recreation centers in the county. All county public meetings have also been postponed. The Greenways Open Doors scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. will be postponed to a later date.
Solid waste facilities closed Thursday, reopening Friday
Hillsborough County Solid Waste Facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 10 and there will be no curbside pickup due to Tropical Storm Nicole.
Garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection will resume Friday, November 11, Veterans Day, in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area, which includes Tampa Palms, Hunter’s Green and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will also reopen Friday, including the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County Transfer Stations, Resource Recovery Facility, Community Collection Centers, yard waste treatment facilities and residential debris dump sites.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of yard waste already curbside by throwing what they can into their regular garbage cart. Residents also have the option of disposing of yard waste at the Storm Debris Dump Sites which will remain open until 5 p.m. today. For more information, visit HCFLGov.net/SolidWaste Where HCFLGov.net/StormDebris.
Veterans Day Closures and Reopenings on November 11
Hillsborough County offices and most facilities will continue to be closed on Friday, November 11, Veterans Day. All parks, including dog parks, skate parks, nature preserves, trails, wading pools and boat ramps should reopen.
Closed on Veterans Day, November 11:
- County government administrative offices
- Hillsborough County Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation Centers including programs offered at the facilities
- Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Code Enforcement Officers will be on call for emergencies only. Submit a request via the Animal Request button atHCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
- Development Services Center
- Sunshine Line Transportation Service
- The Water Resources Customer Service Center in Brandon. Emergency calls regarding county water and wastewater service can be made at (813) 744-5600.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program Call Center
Be connected. Stay alert.
For more information on Hillsborough County’s response to Tropical Storm Nicole, visit HCFLGov.net/StaySafeand subscribe to the HCFL alert system. Additionally, you can follow Hillsborough County on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor for updates.
Residents without digital access are encouraged to call (813) 272-5900, the county’s main information line, or visitHCFLGov.net/StaySafe.