MORE: Forbes Under 30 Music Festival with Grammy-nominated musicians Jack Harlow and Kevin Garrett
New York and Detroit, September 15, 2021 – Forbes today announced its next flagship Under-30 Summit, presented by Rocket mortgage, will return in person to Detroit, October 10-12, 2021 at the historic Detroit Opera House.
This intimate event will take place in person exclusively for those under 30 and virtually for a larger audience from October 11-12. network, collaborate, recruit and exchange ideas.
Under-30 Summit key to Forbes 10th anniversarye Celebration of the Under 30 anniversary which began with the launch of the 2021 30 Under 30 List. Focused on the theme “Decade of Disruption”, the event will bring together a dynamic roster of leaders, entrepreneurs and advertisers under the age of 30, past and present. The event will highlight some of the greatest innovators of the past decade and explore what the future holds as we enter a whole new era.
Highlights of the Forbes Under-30 Summit in Detroit include:
- Forbes Under-30 Music Festival, a tradition that will kick off the summit. Grammy nominated musician, Jack harlow will headline the Forbes Under 30 Music Festival 2021, which will take place on the evening of October 10. Grammy nominated musician, Kevin garrett will be the opening of the show.
- A series of panels and keynotes. The first day will focus on discussing the most pressing issues of today and tomorrow, while the second day will be devoted to soul-searching and building an effective business.
- Forbes Under 30 Taste of Detroit, a street festival featuring local food, drink and entertainment that will support small businesses and chefs.
- Forbes under 30 Pub crawl
- Virtual day of service in partnership with Close the Gap. Forbes Partners with the Close the Gap Foundation to Launch a One-of-a-Kind Mentorship Program That Paired First Generation, Low Income (FGLI) and BIPOC Students with Forbes 30 Under 30 Lists to Close the Network Gap .
“As we celebrate the tenth anniversary of the 30 Under 30 list, the Under 30 community has become a global phenomenon with more than 10,000 young entrepreneurs, leaders and innovators from around the world,” said Randall Alley, Director of Content for Forbes and Founder of the Under 30 Summit. “Our return to events in person with the Under 30 Summit will shine a light on the under 30 list makers, past and present, who have had a positive impact on business and society over the past decade. . By hosting it in Detroit and partnering with Rocket Mortgage, we’re ready to safely celebrate a decade of disruption in the tech hub of the Midwest.
The Summit follows the success of the 2021 Under-30 Summit Kick-Off, the largest virtual collaborative effort of its kind, which brought together young innovators and game-changers, as well as disruptors under the age of 30. years of the last 10 years. Returning to Detroit, Forbes will spotlight the city’s courage, innovative workforce, and unprecedented opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to see the enormous value of the Midwestern tech hub.
“Return to Detroit for the Under 30 Summit showcases the continued partnership between Rocket Mortgage and Forbes while celebrating the disruptors within the Under 30 community,” said Jay Farner, CEO of Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies. “Detroit, which changed the world with its entrepreneurial spirit, vibrant culture and extraordinary tech ecosystem, is a great place to host a gathering of the next generation of bright minds, visionaries and disruptors. We look forward to building on the success of the 2019 Under-30 Summit and the impact of last year’s Detroit Hackathon to shine a light on and benefit the city we are so proud to call home- self.
In the same year that Forbes launched its first Under-30 List, Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies (NYSE: RKT) brought the majority of its workforce to downtown Detroit and has since significantly increased its presence. and continued to impact and disrupt his business growth and significant investments. in the local community in housing, employment and public life. The next decade looks even more promising as Rocket Mortgage further deepens its roots in the city and seeks to hire more Detroiters in tech roles, bridge the digital divide, and develop innovative programs that uplift its hometown. Additionally, Rocket Companies founder and chairman Dan Gilbert announced a ten-year, $ 500 million investment in Detroit this year.
The Forbes Under 30 Summit 2021 event will feature key speakers including:
· Whitney Wolfe Herde, Founder and CEO, Bumble
· Maria sharapova, tennis champion, investor and entrepreneur
· Alexandra cooper, Host and Executive Producer, Call Her Daddy
· John chambers, former president and CEO of Cisco and founder and CEO of JC2 Ventures
· Alex Rodrigues, co-founder and CEO, Embark Trucks
· Roni frank, Co-Founder and Head of Clinical Services, Talkspace
· Neil Parikh, Co-Founder, Casper
· Kirsten Green, Founder and Managing Partner, Forerunner Ventures
· Harpreet Singh Rai, CEO, Oura
· Ryan nece, former NFL player and general manager, Next Play Capital
· Ben Pasternak, Co-founder and CEO, SIMULATE
· Isabelle Kenyon, Founder and CEO, Calibrate
· Adam sachs, co-founder and CEO, Vicarious Surgical
· Daniella Pierson, Founder and CEO, The Newsette
· Pierre Rahal, Co-founder, RXBAR
· Devon Levesque, Founder, The DML Group
· Kyle hoff, co-founder and CEO, Floyd
· Jim DeCicco, co-founder and CEO, Super Coffee
· Brandon fleming, author and founder and CEO, Harvard Diversity Project
· Raquel Stingrays, National Brand Ambassador, The Macallan
· Ann mcferran, Co-Founder and CEO, Glamnetic
· Sean henri, Founder and CEO, Stord
· Shawn xu, Senior Partner, Floodgate
To learn more, please visit the Forbes Under 30 Summit 2021. To join the conversation on social media, follow # Under30Summit.
Rocket mortgage is the title sponsor of the Forbes Under-30 Summit 2021. The Macallan is the presenting sponsor. Ally and Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) support sponsors.
About Rocket Mortgage
Detroit-based Rocket Mortgage, the nation’s largest mortgage lender, enables the American dream of homeownership and financial freedom through its obsession to innovate in cutting-edge digital customer experience. Rocket Mortgage closed $ 320 billion in mortgage volume in all 50 states in 2020. In late 2015, it launched the first fully digital, fully online mortgage experience. Currently, 99% of all home loans issued by the company use Rocket Mortgage technology.
Rocket Mortgage moved its headquarters to downtown Detroit in 2010. Today, Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies employ 24,000 full-time members nationwide. The company generates loan production from web centers located in Detroit, Cleveland and Phoenix and operates a centralized loan processing facility in Detroit. Rocket Mortgage has been ranked # 1 in the country for customer satisfaction for primary mortgage origination by JD Power for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 – 2020, and also # 1 in the country for customer satisfaction. customer base among all mortgage agents over the past eight years, 2014 – 2021.
Rocket Companies, the parent company of Rocket Mortgage, ranked No. 5 on the Fortune list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2021 and has been in the top third of the list for 18 consecutive years. For more information and company news, visit www.PressRoom.RocketMortgage.com.
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who made it and those who aspire to do it. Forbes brings together and selects the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who drive change, transform businesses and have a meaningful impact on the world. The Forbes brand now reaches over 150 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, personalized marketing programs, and 45 licensed local editions spanning 76 countries. Forbes Media brand extensions include licensing agreements for real estate, education, and financial services. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
Jocelyn Swift at [email protected]
Christina Vega Magrini at [email protected]