- Currently represents more than 20 companies on compliance with the RFS, LCFS, and other federal and state regulatory programs governing low-carbon fuels.
- Acted for a renewable fuels manufacturer in connection with the acquisition and development of converted truck stops into sustainable fuels distribution and card lock centers for long-haul trucking customers.
- Represented the buyer in the negotiation of a long-term purchase agreement with a renewable diesel production facility.
- Drafted current industry standard language used in contracts for market participants to generate RINs on biogas used as transportation fuel.
- Representation of the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) in the development of industry-standard LEAP contracts to redeem RINs and LCFS credits.
- Acted for a producer of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) in connection with several contracts for the sale of SAF to commercial airlines.
- Successfully challenged EPA’s treatment of small refiners under the RFS in the US Court of Appeals.
- Obtained a full arbitration award on behalf of a Japanese oil trading company in a dispute over a biodiesel tax credit.
- Acted for a global leader in zero-emission heavy-duty trucks and hydrogen infrastructure in connection with its $300 million line of credit with Tumim Stone Capital LLC.
- Acted for a construction engineering firm in contract negotiations for the development and financing of projects for the Intermountain Power Authority hydrogen project.
- Advising a renewable energy client on the engineering, procurement, construction, and financing of a renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel manufacturing plant in Louisiana, including hydrogen and materials sourcing raw.
- Represented one of the largest renewable natural gas companies in a $1.15 billion business combination, creating the industry’s largest public renewable natural gas platform.
- Guide and advise our customers to adhere to EPA renewable fuel standards.
- Represented a public utility in the acquisition of a company that produces renewable energy from biofuels.
- Represented the Renewable Fuel Association, Waste Management and Neste in providing regulatory advice and support regarding renewable fuel issues.
- Advised and represented the Renewable Fuels Association and other biofuels interest groups before the United States Supreme Court in challenging the EPA’s decision to grant exemptions to small refineries under the RFS program of the Clean Air Act.
- Serve as a U.S. federal public policy advisor to EDF Renewable Energy North America, representing the client before the White House, federal agencies, and congressional leaders.
- Achieved significant customer wins for EDF related to federal legislation, such as securing favorable language in annual National Defense Authorization Acts related to energy development near military bases and favorable language giving certainty to energy development on public lands in the enacted Energy Act of 2020.